ALL THE PICS were taken using my camera phone N79. I never expect pics quality would be good. It satisfy me and enough for me to record my trip. :D
- I just returned back from the cleaning expedition organized by UTP Kelab Kembara (Adventure Club of Universiti Teknologi Petronas ) .
- Throughout the TRIP, I taken some nice photo and video. However, I still love my previous expedition in January where the path way was more natural and beautiful.
- Here is the brief program schedule :
- 23 Oct 2009 Friday 6pm , all the participants gathered at Village 2 Cafe. There are some delay.
- 23 Oct 2009 Friday 7pm , I took my dinner
- 23 Oct 2009 Friday around 8pm , bus depart from UTP (University Teknologi Petronas)
- 23 Oct 2009 Friday around 10pm, reach Brinchang City, Cameron Highland
- 23 Oct 2009 Friday around 11pm, start hiking to Gunung Brinchang. ( using forest reserve path way )
(my leg was dirty with MUD after the night trekking)
my camera light was too flashy until I have to close my eyes :P
Photo taken when I reached the Peak of Gunung Brinchang -( Night )
My Group - Pics of them cooking breakfast.
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 2-3 am, reach the Peak of Gunung Brinchang. ( there were TMNET station) Gunung Brinchang is reachable by car (through road - 11km) or trekking from Brinchang Town (around 2 hour ).
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 3am, went up to the watching tower at Gunung Brinchang
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 3.30am , go down from Gunung Brinchang to the base camp (1.5km) - path taken - along the tar road.
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 7am, wake up and prepare breakfast and lunch
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 10am, everyone was ready and lunch meal packed.
picture session before trekking to Mount Irau.
Some of the pics I took at the begining of the Path way.
It seems like the beginning of trek was well build and there was a small hut for tourist to stop by and enjoy the scenery.
view from the Hut.
another view from the Hut.
Some of the foliage were labeled as well. I guess nobody will remember those name except for people who working related with foliage :P
Top picture is me resting on a tree wearing blue polyester shirt and polyester shorts together with tights and rubbers shoes.
Nice beautiful path way to Mount Irau.
There are sign board as well, If i not mistaken, there are around 3-4 signboard. Sometime, I miss those signboard because I am too concentrating on walking.
Taking some rest at dunno where.. hahaha
Taking rest at " Irau Kecil " a small campsite nearby Irau :P - can be considered as a landmark.
This is the picture that I liked the most. A baby "Periuk Kera " . Just look at it.. click to enlarge. it was so small yet so unique.
Another one, small compared with my foot :P
Border line stone (separating Perak and Pahang ) almost covered with Moss >>border line stone is an important landmark because border line stone make up the trail to Mount Irau.
Picture of me (above Pic)
pic of Mat Yie and me ( above)
Not to forget, the trek of Mount Irau was MUDDY !
Pic of me camwhoring in Jungle :P
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 1-2pm, reach the peak of Gunung Irau. (along the trek, there were border stone and some yellow bandage as the landmark) - phone has full coverage.
The peak of Mount Irau - 2110m above sea level.
Cleaning and picking up rubbish officially start.
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday around 2-3.30pm, cleaning started. Everyone started to pick up rubbish around the campsite.
Mount Irau Peak Campsite was dirty because there were no water points along the trek. So, climber must carry their own water. Rubbish generated when those climbers decided not to bring down their rubbish and took the easy solution by just throwing it.
Some people said that " there is nothing betta stuff to do than picking up people's rubbish " .. haha ... Even though we did not pick up all the rubbish, but we did collected a lot of rubbish. (there is too much rubbish ) . It will certainly help in preserving nature.
Mr. Bob with his new muddy fashion pants. LOL !!!
My bag filled up with 3 bags of RUBBISH . haha.
I brought up my empty bag along so that I can use it to carry rubbish. Others all have to carry rubbish by their hands :P , Situation complicated when the rubbish bag tear off when trekking down.
anyway. cheers for them who contributed :P
Big border line STONE indicating Pahang on the FRONT and Perak at behind.
Cooking Dinner, What's up ? Maggee and Sardin and white Rich and Long Bean and Eggs :P
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday 3.30-5pm, decending down from the Irau Peak and reach campsite around 5-7pm. RAINING and it was COLD. Everyone was wet.
- 24 Oct 2009 Saturday 6-9pm, dinner time and relax.
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday 7pm, I had a morning walk to the Gunung Brinchang(1.5km) to see sunrise. can see as I am too late.. the ideal time to see sunrise is around 5-6am.... when there were little mist and cloud.
Cool yea ? I am wearing the broken Sunglasses found by Abang Guider :P haha
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday around 8-10, breakfast and then packing then cleaning up the campsite.
Leisure time, royal for FUN.My Senior - Tajul . now working.
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday around 10.30, started to walk back to Brinchang using the tar road -11km 25 Oct 2009 Sunday around 11-12.30pm , stopped at the BOH tea farm junction
WET AND COLD for both 2 days (yesterday and today) :P
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday around 12.30pm, walk to the nearest bus stop... and it stated to rain cats and dogs ( AGAIN RAINING) walked around 30min - 1hour.... Everyone was wet also. I am shivering of COLDNESS. hahahahahaha
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday at around 1.30pm, took bus to Brinchang Town. RM1 per head.
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday 2-4pm, everyone changed to dry clothes and then take their lunch in Brinchang.
- 25 Oct 2009 Sunday 4-8 pm , Depart back from Cameron, stopped by at Bee Farm then head back to UTP. reach UTP at 8pm.
- disclamer of accuracy, I hereby certify that the time is almost or approximate accurate to nearest 30minutes. hahahahaha
Distance to Irau Peak from the Campsite of Brinchang is around 2.35km.
The video when I was stopping by to take some rest. The guy with red bandana is my GUIDER. He was wearing a sun glass found at campsite :P hahahahahaha.. I was stepping on the tree branches.
Below is the video of me, recording the journey to the Mount Irau.
for more info :
pls visit http://www.kembarautp.com/forum
pls visit http://kembara-utp0910.blogspot.com/